Weight Loss Therapy
Losing weight involves far more than merely going to the gym and ingesting fewer calories. It is also about addressing the issues that lead to weight gain in the first place. Here is a quick test to determine if weight loss therapy is right for you. Have you:
- Tried every weight loss program you can think of and find you lose motivation after a strong start of success?
- Lost and gained weight several times over what feels like a long period of time?
- Decided each time you gained the weight back that you are less and less motivated to start again?
- Frustrated to the point where you no longer want to buy clothes, socialize as much, or look in the mirror?
- Is fitness a source of stress?
If this answer most of these questions is “yes” it is time to decide that there is more going on here than problems with food and fitness. Once you uncover and face the underlying issues and work through them in therapy, you will become strongly motivated to change your unhealthy habits and less afraid to make those changes. Through effective cognitive behavior therapy (CBT) and EMDR we work together to in uncovering these issues from a unique perspective and subsequently create a well-rounded solution to help keep the weight off for life.